Fox Kansas KSAS-TV - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Man hospitalized after apartment fire

WICHITA, Kansas A Wichita man is in critical condition after his apartment caught fire early Friday morning.

Around 1:24 a.m., crews were called out to Eagle Creek Apartments on East Lincoln near Webb Road.

Battalion Chief Joe Bickle says a neighbor saw smoke coming from the apartment.

Firefighters found a man inside a bedroom over come by smoke.

He was taken to Via Christi for smoke inhalation.

Bickle says careless smoking is to blame, setting a recliner in the living room on fire and spreading smoke through out the apartment.

Firefighters were able to prevent flames from spreading to other units.

The fire caused up to $15,000 in damages. No one else was hurt.

 

Talkers

Advertise with us!
Advertise with us!

Washington Times