Most Shared

Fox Kansas KSAS-TV - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Gammon Elementary evacuated due to gas smell

WICHITA, Kansas Wichita public school officials say Gammon Elementary was evacuated Friday for an hour due to a gas smell in a west side hallway.

Gammon Elementary is located in the 3200 block of North Rushwood.

The Wichita Fire Department and gas company checked out the building before allowing students to go back inside.

Fire crews arrived on scene. They did have a hint of a gas odor. Kansas Gas was on the scene. The school district and Kansas Gas will look for the leaks. We will continue to search and find where that odor came from, said Battalion Chief Brad Boyd, Wichita Fire Department.

Fire officials determined that the utility rooms and the boiler rooms at the school are safe.

They are located in the northeast part of the school.

 

 

Talkers

Advertise with us!

Washington Times