Fox Kansas KSAS-TV - Search Results
Sedgwick County issues fireworks guidelines
WICHITA, Kansas Sedgwick County on Monday issued guidelines for shooting and selling fireworks.
The county reports in their statement that local laws reflect those of the state of Kansas:
- Permitted: All fireworks classified as consumer (1.4g) fireworks by DOT, except certain rockets
- Prohibited: Aerial luminaries, commonly called sky lanterns, any rockets mounted on a wire or stick or any device containing such rockets.
Permitted fireworks may be used from July 1 through July 4 in all unincorporated areas of Sedgwick County, though it is illegal to buy or sell fireworks in the unincorporated areas.
Regulations vary within Sedgwick County towns and cities. You are urged to check with your municipality about their regulations before you shoot fireworks.
To report complaints
Sedgwick County reports there will be a non-emergency line reserved for fireworks complaints. You are urged not to call 911 unless you are reporting an injury or damage to property that requires assistance from emergency responders.
The phone number for non-emergency fireworks complaints is: 316-290-1011. The phone line will be staffed during the following hours:
- 6:30 p.m. July 3 to 3 a.m. July 4
- 6:30 p.m. July 4 to 3 a.m. July 5
- 6:30 p.m. July 5 to 3 a.m. July 6